Monday, May 10, 2010

The Fate of the Combustioneer Heater


I know some of you were sentimentally attached to the coal/electric heater in the front room. Honestly, I always thought it was the ugliest thing in the house. It had rarely been used since the seventies, and had been obsolete since Wanda put in the new gas furnace over ten years ago. Also, the weight of it was causing the oak floorboards to buckle. I listed it on KSL for $60 (a bargain I know) and some folks from Manti came and got it. I watched three big strong guys nearly collapse under the weight of it, and this was after Mom and I bailed at least a hundred pounds of coal out of it.

The chimney is blocked with cement, but eventually I think it would be nice to have a working stove again.

After they moved it out, I did a little jig, so happy to have the open space.

No comments:

Post a Comment