Monday, May 10, 2010

Living Room Walls


Originally, I had planned on scraping, patching, and prepping the living room walls for paint.

But as I got into it, I realized-as a professional painter-that I could not in good conscience just re-paint. The walls needed serious work, and I wanted to make a real improvement.


The ceiling was in the worst condition, and I knew from an exploratory hole, that the old plank ceiling-like the ones in the bedrooms-was underneath a layer of plastered metal lath and chicken wire.


Here Trent is scraping away layers of wallpaper.




I bought a Wagner steamer at Home Depot for around $50, it worked beautifully to strip off the layers.


There were four to five layers of wallpaper, with two different borders. I saved pieces of each layer if you are interested in going on a trip down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment