Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Preparing for Memorial Day


It was really fun to find new pieces for Ephraim and combine them with the old antiques. I found these wing back chairs on the KSL classifieds and then painted them and had them reulpholstered in grey cotton/linen with down-filled cushions. The ottoman fabric was a great find. Inspiration for the wall color came from the bits of robin's eggs I always looked for-and hoped to find-under the pines in the cemetery. Also, the soft blue/grey palette is classic Scandinavian.


The old cupboard was behind the door in the blue room since before my time. When we moved it, we found part of the adobe wall disintegrating.


This chair was in the attic, and because it is comfortable and has great lines, I decided to clean and repair it for use in the front room. I chose this English looking fabric to reupholster the seat.


The old rocker/recliner before.


After! This chair is so comfy, that I wanted to keep it around. I love this pale blue and cream ticking fabric. It feels fresh and clean like a summer cottage should. We found a great ulpholsterer in Mt. Pleasant named Chad. He is eighty years old and does a nice job. He works out of a shop behind his house that smells like cats, and so does everything he reupholsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment